Saturday, September 12, 2009

4th Post

I don't feel like I am able to write about the accident today.  I feel I need to express my feelings for all of the innocent lives lost on this date 8 years ago...  I remember so vividly the sick feeling in my stomach when I realized this was more than just a plane crash, we were being attacked on American soil.  I had just dropped my son, Chase, off at School, and on my way home heard that the Pentagon had been hit.  I got home and decided I wasn't going to let my other son go to school that day.  It took everything in my power to not drive right back and get Chase.  This was a day that I would never forget.  I remember wanting to hold my family tight and never let them go.  

It has been 8 years since our world changed so drastically and so much has happened in our lives during the past 8 years.  We had Paige!!!  What a miracle!!!... Chase graduated High School and went to College...  Stefan found football...  I got to stay home and be a mom for the first time!...  Morgan and I divorced after almost 20 years of marriage...  Chase got married...  Paige started Kindergarten...  We lost our little Angel, Paige... Stefan graduated High School and is serving a mission.  

It seems like yesterday we were all glued to our TV watching America mourn.  I guess today is a day to reflect, ponder and try our best to remember what is really important.  To take the time to be proud of this great country, to love our neighbors, our family and friends.  To bend our knees and thank our Father in Heaven for all the many blessings he has given us.  Today is a day to REMEMBER... 

No comments: