Monday, October 12, 2009

12th Post

I remember leaving the hospital in a wheelchair with several pillows around me to cushion my ribs.  Chase and Brooke were leading the way, and all my friends, Deb, Marilyn, Pam and Michelle were with me.  I was pretty drugged up, but I remember being so happy to leave this horrible hospital, it was such an ugly place, there was nothing good about it.  As we got outside, I remember feeling a tremendous rush of anxiety, I was going to have to get in a car...and go back on California roads.  I told myself it was going to be okay, I had all of these people with me, I had my boys and they would be with me.  I was so grateful to see that I was going to be riding in a Ford Expedition, I knew I would be safe...my sweet daughter-in-law had arranged for her Uncle to drive us to the airport.  The next thing I remember is arriving at a gate, and driving out to a small plane, I wasn't sure where we were going, or how I was getting home.  I was calm though, it was then brought to my attention that we would be flying home on a private jet.  One of my dearest friends, Darryl, had arranged to fly me, my boys, Brooke and my friends home.   I remember feeling like I was smiling a lot, I don't know why...I just know I couldn't believe all of the people that were there with me and so willing to help.  As I write this, my heart becomes so full, it is hard to see through the tears.  The realization of the love that was shown to me these few days is something that I can't do justice to with words.  These are the kind of friends I have been so blessed to have in my life.  Thank you! 

No one knew the best way to get me home due to my injuries.  They were worried about having me fly commercially because of having to go through security and then sitting on a plane and they were worried about me being bumped and jostled around.  The next idea was to rent a van and make up a bed in the back and drive me home.  This is when my dear friend Darryl got wind of all of this and he chartered a plane for me.  I remember walking up the steps and getting on this beautiful plane, they had a couch for me to lay on, it was unbelievable, I had never been on a private jet.  I wish I could remember more about it, all I remember is that I wanted Stefan to be by my side, Chase and Brooke had each other, but again, I just didn't want to be alone and I didn't want Stefan to be alone.  Well, my dear Stefan has a hard time flying and with all of the additional stress, he was about ready to pass out, so all of my sweet friends moved him to the front and took care and attended to him for the flight, which is the funniest thing, but so nice. Then, my Chase and Brooke were there for me, yet again.  I remember Chase telling me I was fine and he was right there, and then I don't remember anything until I was being helped off the plane.

We were back in Utah...we were home!!!  I felt a huge relief pass through my body, everything really was going to be okay now, I was home.  Then I remembered that Paige wasn't with me.  I asked where she was, she was still in California with her dad.  Morgan  was there taking care of her precious little body and trying desperately to get her home.  
I now had to get into another car, it was my friend Pam's car, and all I could remember was my little Paige just a few weeks before complimenting Pam on her new car.  This brought a smile to my face, Paige always was quick to recognize when someone had something special happen in their life whether it be a new car, a  new hairdo or a present of some kind.  She was all over it!  I wasn't nervous to get into Pam's car, I was home...I remember getting in the front seat and that is all I remember until I arrived at my home.

As we pulled into my driveway, every tree and bush in my yard was covered with pink bows.  There were flowers and stuffed animals and a huge heart with notes to me and my boys and letters to Paige.  It was an amazing sight.  Again, I am overcome with emotion as I write about this because of the love that my friends, family, neighborhood, ward and community  showed our family.  Yes, I was home, without my beautiful Paige, but I came home to so much love...it was overwhelming.  Now we just needed to get our little girl, our precious little Paige home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This has to be good for you - to remember, to write, to feel. It's hard and yet healing. I love to read it. And I love you :)